Sunday, June 24, 2018

A sea kayaker in white water



Last year, while training for my ACA Level 4 Open Water Instructor certification, I came up hard on the fact that there just isn't much moving water on the part of the Potomac I live and paddle. Realistically, I need to travel to the coast to get any real current action. Tide races with standing waves were also something I needed to train on but didn't have local.








I came home disappointed in my performance from an L4 Instructor Development Workshop and immediately called on an old instructor to schedule some white water training.

It seemed to me, and my partner Rob agreed, that white water could fulfill the requirements for training. After all, white water has standing waves. Ok, not exactly tide races, but close enough. It has currents, eddies, eddy lines...

So here we are, last year, learning a little about white water. Messing about in boats:




Sea kayakers in white water. Dorks.

No comments:

Post a Comment