Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Goodbye to an old friend

I traded my ivory Romany Surf for a green over white Explorer. As I mostly use my carbon/Kevlar quill-decked Surf there did not seem to be much reason to have two Surfs.
















































Still in good shape, it was hard to say goodbye to "Fenris," named for the wolf from the Norse sagas.

Below is the boat I traded for. My first experience with the mid-volume Explorer was enjoyable. I find the boat agile and comfortable. Roomy without being as big as the Surf is in the cockpit. It has great glide and tracking. It might be a bit less initially stable than the Surf, but I will get used to it quickly. Its hatches are cavernous!

The green boat's owner felt much the same way I did about letting his old boat go. Two cherished boats, trading homes and paddlers.


























No comments:

Post a Comment